Accuflect® Laser Reflectors
ceramic laser reflectors are high efficiency diffuse reflectors. The nearly
perfectly diffuse reflection and high reflection efficiency are effectively
exploited in laser systems with laser hosts having pump bands in the 500 nm to
1200 nm spectral range.
Two grades of Accuflect® light reflecting ceramic are available for
laser reflectors. Accuflect® B6 has a native ceramic surface. It is
approximately 30% porous and exhibits nearly perfect lambertian reflectance and
virtually no absorption losses. It is suited for dry cavity laser applications
such as low energy air cooled systems or higher energy laser systems where the
reflector is isolated from liquid coolants with o-ring sealed flow tubes. The
curve shown below illustrates the total reflectance of Accuflect® B6.
G6 has a glazed surface. It is impervious to coolants and the contaminants that
may be circulating with them. It is well suited for use in compact, high energy
flooded cavity laser heads. The curve below illustrates the total reflectance
of Accuflect® G6. With an air interface, Accuflect® G6
has approximately 4% specular reflectance when measured 8° from normal. The
specular component is mitigated in flooded cavities due to the better refractive
index match between the coolant and the glazed surface interface.
laser reflectors reduce and eliminate many of the shortcomings of PTFE polymer
reflectors, polished metal specular reflectors and packed powder diffuse
reflectors with a number of desireable characteristics:
- Highly efficient reflection eliminates need for high accuracy focusing
- Highly uniform light field within the cavity results in a more uniform
output beam profile
- Diffuse light eliminates the hot spots in the laser host of specular
cavities reducing Amplified Spontaneous Emission (ASE)
- Ceramic material is strong and tough, able to resist breakage if a flashlamp
- Glazed surfaces are corrosion resistant, allowing direct contact with
coolants. Flooded cavities are easily implemented so laser heads are simple,
compact and lower cost.
- Accuflect® is dimensionally stable. It will not cold flow like
- Accuflect® is not susceptible to localized catastrophic damage
from surface contaminants absorbing radiation.
- Lower cost ground or grooved laser crystals can be used in diffuse
- Ground or grooved laser crystals reduce potential for parasitic
- There is no plating to flake off like specular metal reflectors.
Standard Products | Custom Products and Services
| Case Studies | Materials
| Working Together | Vision
| Contact Us | Site Map
© 2013 Accuratus
Site Design M. Adams